Re: [ST] Temperatures

> > I've considered using Water Wetter, which purportedly reduces operating
> > temperature by 10%, on average.  A Triumph mechanic told me that while
> > the
> > reduction in the high end temperature would be desirable, reducing the
> > normal operating temperature (185 F. for mine) might not be.
> > Additionally, the ignition and fuel mix sensors might be skewed by the
> > temperature reduction, he offered.  Any first-hand experience on this?
>
> Yep--the mechanic's full of it. I've been running Water Wetter for a
> couple of months now in my 2K ST and have noticed no adverse effects
> whatsoever.
> --
I have also used the water wetter with no adverse effects.  My '02 ST would
run the fan a minute or two after shutdown after I initially picked it up
from the dealer.  Noticed that the expansion tank was low, 3/4" below the
line.  Filled it between the lines and added watter wetter and have only had
the fan run after stop once since.

Had good experience with it on previous bike.  If I'm not mistaken, there is
some info on the bottle or from Red Line that says that it does not
necessarily lower the high end or operating temps but removes "hot spots" in
the cooling system and makes the coolant more efficient.  Whatever that
means.
Rod