Re: [ST] Handle bar question...

> I think you will find most people here will tell you your problem is not
> with the handlebars, rather, it is your seating style. Riding a bike such
as
> the ST or anything else of similar design, you must learn to hold your
upper
> torso upright with your abdomen muscles and not your arms. It takes a
little
> time to adjust, but given the proper amount of time, you will learn it.
You
> mentioned "the large Triumph windscreen", if you mean the bike you rode
had
> a taller than stock windscreen, this too can contribute to the problem.
The
> stock windscreen allows sufficient wind flow to press against the rider's
> chest to help hold them upright while at speeds above 55 mph, where of
> course any rider is going to be if not more.

Lance, I agree with Mike's comments above.  It did not take long for me to
adjust my ride style after owning an ST1100 for 9 years.  The shorter
windscreen does take a bit off your hands and there is very little back
pressure (unless I am riding 2-up).

George Cope
Roseville, CA
'99 ST Midnight