Re: [ST] Why synthetic...the last word

> Sounds like you've got the book.  Can you save us all the $10 (unless you
> wrote it) and give a brief synopsis?
> Like, does an automotive (full synthetic, 15W50or 20W50)oil meet our
needs?
I have it but have not read it all.  It does have specs listed for most
automotive and a lot of mc oils.   One it does not have is the Mobil 1 4T
Racing but there is a Mobil 1 15W50.  It does provides enough info to say
that most of us won't tell the difference between Amsoil and Mobil 1
products (as well as several others) in how fast the bike goes or how long
it survives.  It did show me that the Castrol Syntec that I fell for the
adds on isn't all that great.   IMO, if the big guy above wrote the
definitive work on oils, the oil threads would still continue.
Rod