Re: [ST] this thread's got legs

Actually, it's not quite that bad.  Here's the scoop.

I bought the bike at another dealer before I moved to this area.  I was
very pleased to
hear that there was a Triumph dealer so close to home.  I was a bit
nervous that they
were ALSO a Harley dealer.  Sinve I've been here (be one year in
November), they
dropped the brand.

This is not so surprising.  I'm sure Harley put's pressure on them to be
exclusive, if not
alltogether, at lease in a single building.  Now, I do know of folks who
bought bikes
there and within a few months the brand was dropped.  No warning when
the bike was
bought, and no support now.  I can understand that they don't do
warranty, but they
won't even touch the bikes.

So that's the poop.  I won't rag on them any more then I feel they
deserve.  I understand
that business is business, and Harley is bigger business then Triumph.
 Harley is just not
my bag.

Now you'd think that since they have the Triumph wrench they'd take the
business of changing
a tire. It's not like they need to go to Triumph to get a Dunlop tire.
It's not like the work was
being done on warranty.  It's just bad business.  If I were interested
in Harley, I'd probably not
buy one (at least not from them) based on their treatment of me in that
situation.

There.  I've done it.  Pressure released. Vent closing.

Andy