Re: [ST] this thread's got legs

At 09:19 PM 9/5/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>There.  I've done it.  Pressure released. Vent closing.
>
>Andy

Thanks for clearing that up for me. Andy, you are a very, very nice guy. A
gentleman like you did not deserve treatment like that. This correlates to
_some_ HD riders snootiness -- the dealers are snooty too. Maybe it is that
they have all they can handle working on HD's? I agree with you when you
state 'it's just bad business.'

I feel more like Duncan about this. Hell, I think I am more disgusted than
you are about it and it didn't even involve me!

I have a Yami/Kawi dealer very close to my house. They do all types of work
for me on various bikes including on the ST things like chain, sprockets,
tires, install heated grips. I did buy a bike from them new in '99. Not
sure if that has anything to do with whether they'll work on off brand
stuff or not. I believe they will work on ANYTHING. Now for major 12K, 24K
service on the ST I have taken it to my pal Sonny Collier's Triumph-Duck
dealership in Nashville. But now he dropped Triumph and just last week sold
out the remainder of his business, the Ducati Dealership, shop, store. So I
am not sure who is going to do my next major svc. Sonny had a good Triumph
mechanic named Hey Hey Hey Pat Albert but he's gone now too - just doing
vintage stuff I believe in addition to being in a punk band.

Apex Dawg