[ST] Resending ... Newbie

***For some reason this doesn't seem to have made it out to the list, so I'm
resending. Apologies if somehow it ends up double-posted.

Hi folks.
New to the list, have my eye on an RS, so questions questions questions.

A quick FYI about me.
Returned to riding after a way too long hiatus. Back on the road for a year
now, took the Riding course, bought an '84 Nighthawk, which was fine for a
while, then upgraded to a Honda 919/CB900F/Hornet (whatever you want to call
it depending on your location.)
Unfortunately, a disagreement with a deer over who should be where
snowballed into a further disagreement between the bike and a telephone pole
guywire. (leaving most of this to your imagination) Long & the short is that
now I'm back looking for wheels. Sprint if possible but if I can't find a
Triumph perhaps a VFR . (Don't really want to go that route)

Have been seriously longing for a Trumpet ST or RS for a long time, and just
found a 2000 RS in very nice shape but with 44,000 kilometres on it. Service
records, taken care of, etc. Priced just under $6000 Canadian. From a $
point of view I know this is very good for the west coast but ......  the
most important question for me right now is .......

How long are the Sprints holding up? Will I be looking at an
engine/tranny/whatever rebuild right away? Or am I going to get another
15000 k out of it before I need to worry? Or more? Should I run screaming
from the deal? Or run quickly & quietly to the deal?

Anything less obvious I should be looking for? (Aside from the obvious
tires, scrapes, leaks etc)
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Looking forward to joining you all,

jcm