Re: [ST] Resending ... Newbie

> New to the list, have my eye on an RS, so questions questions questions.
> now I'm back looking for wheels.
and just
> found a 2000 RS in very nice shape but with 44,000 kilometres on
> it.

For reference I bought a 00 Sprint ST here in Calif. 12500 mi (20,116  kilometer),stainless silencer, helibar risers, hard bags,lowered by preformance eng. I paid 5,500.
It needed the 12k service, new front break pads at 13k and tires soon after.

Service
> records, taken care of, etc. Priced just under $6000 Canadian. From a $
> point of view I know this is very good for the west coast but ......
6,000 Canadian Dollar = 4,382.76 US Dollar

I think you can do better. But then the market where your at may be different.

 the
> most important question for me right now is .......
> How long are the Sprints holding up? Will I be looking at an
> engine/tranny/whatever rebuild right away?
Or am I going to get another
> 15000 k out of it before I need to worry? Or more?

I am lucky enough to have a dealer within 1.5 hrs from me and he also believes very much in the Triumph line, in speaking with him he claims to have tore a sprint motor down at near 75k and claims it was in very good condition. In hindsight I did not ask why. In case it makes a differenct to some I did not BUY from the dealer.

Should I run screaming
> from the deal? Or run quickly & quietly to the deal?

I would continue to look and hold to a price your willing to pay with a pre-dertmind amount of mileage.

I had even given tought to flying to where I could get the price I was willing to pay and ride back, what better way to get aquainted with your new ride?

- --
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

http://corp.mail.com/careers