From: Matt Lyon [mailto:lyonm@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, September 05, 2003 7:53 PM
To: st@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ST] heated grips & throttlemeister

Yes....and sort of no!  My '00 RS has dealer installed factory heated grips.
(As many have noticed, one grip is usually a little hotter than the other.)
I added the Throttlemeister "heavy" unit two winters ago.  When the heat
comes on, the metal expands enough that it tends to essentially engage the
throttlemeister, i.e., the twist grip becomes harder to turn, and will
almost hold a constant position, just as if you set the throttlemsister
"on."  Since I don't take long freeway rides in cold weather, when I might
use the 'meister, I remove (or is it add?) a shim or two.  That way, I can
use the heated grips, and the twist grip still rotates freely.  When warmer
weather returns (& longer rides) I adjust the shims accordingly. Matt Lucy
Orange RS Portland, OR

*