Re: [ST] Shifting

>From: "john martinez" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

>On another note is there a aftermarket shift lever? I would like one
>about 1" longer.

Howdy John,

I woulda thought my now one of these techno dweebs woulda responded.  (jk,
bg)

First off welcome to the list!!  Good background, can I ride the
Lightening??

As far as shifting goes, the ST/RS does have a stiff shift, gets better with
age and hard shifting.  If your baby has been babied in it's previous life
you may have to push it a bit.  Pre-loading the lever before shifting helps,
clutchless shifting works well if you do it right (both upshifts and
downshifts).  Just work that sucker hard, it will loosen up and you will
become accustomed to it.  Make sure the shift linkage is good and tight,
Triumph has a real Rube Goldberg linkage on the Sprint, also, as mentioned
just recently, make sure that the ball joints on the linkage are good and
lubed.

As for other shifters, the Daytona shifter is a direct replacement on the
Sprint and eliminates the linkage for a much more positive feel.  BUT it is
actually a bit shorter than the stock unit, so if you have big feet, it may
not be a viable option.

duncan
dallas
TEJAS, where the beer is cold and the women are hot