[ST] Galena RAT Raid

Well, we got back yesterday from a nice weekend in Galena, IL for the RAt
Raid.  This was something we definitely will be attending again.  It was
nice to have the Triumph truck there with the demo bikes.  Got to ride a
Bonneville America, new Daytona 600, 955i Daytona, and Speed Triple.  The
one bike I wish I could have riden but didn't was the Thunderbird Sport.
There was a guy there with one with the D&D triple outlet exhaust on it that
just sounded incredible.  The America did not have anough guts or character
to lean me that way for a purchase.  The wife did like the looks and felt
comfortable on a regular Bonneville T100.  May get her riding her own bike
yet.

Anyway, lots of cool bikes, include a Speed Triple that has been turned into
a stunt bike, some Vintage Trumpets, and lots of STs, Daytonas, and even
Trophys.  Definitely a laid back environment.  We got a number of maps to do
our own rides through out the day and the wife had fun shopping for a couple
hours in the old downtown Galena.  Definitely a nice area with some fun
roads to ride.

Was able to push the ST pretty hard this weekend.  Had wear marks on the
rear tire to within about 1/2 an inch of the edge of the tire.  Was also
able to touch the peg feelers down a number of times.  And still felt like I
had more.  And this was all with 2-up riding (mostly).  The wife did an
excellent job as a passenger, especially since she is not much for "wild
adventure".

All in all, a very good weekend.  Only problem: we were over dressed for the
weather.  Was quite warm all weekend and the Joe Rocket Meteor jacket and
Ballistic pants were quite warm.  Wish I would have worn the Phoenix jacket
instead for the weekend with a wind breaker under neath.  Especially since
there was no rain in the forecast.  Oh well.

Eric Mann
RAT Member #117196
eric91z@xxxxxxxxx
'01 Triumph Sprint ST