[ST] RAT Raid, Chicken Strips and Touchdown

I have no chicken strips on my rear BT020, I run them sidewall to sidewall. The front BT010 has maybe 1/2" of shine on each side.  I've never touched a peg or boot (I keep my toes on the pegs so the boot won't touch), yet Eric has a lot of unused rubber on his back tire and is dragging pegs.  Is it because he was riding two up?

I seem to have gotten locked into a mindset for how far I can lean the bike.  While most of my riding buds will tell you that I ride pretty hard, a crash a number of years ago mellowed me and set up some mental barriers.  I'm thinking of going to Keith Code's school to see if I can free my mind, not that I want to drag pegs through every turn, I just want to have the feel of being able to use maximum cornering.  I won't over-commit to a turn that I don't know or can't see through, but there are some corners marked as 25mph turns that I can exit at 75+mph.  I'm not looking to go faster through those turns, I just want to know how far my bike is capable of leaning, so far it has more lean than I do.

In the moto rag reviews when the ST first came out the journalists were talking about dragging fairing through corners.  So how come I'm using all of my rear tire and most of my front and I still don't drag anything?

Iratollah
'01 Sprint ST Blue
'88 CBR1000F 'The Motomistress' (gone but not forgotten)