Re: [ST] SkyKing Frame Sliders work

At 09:59 09/09/03 -0700, you wrote:

>Sorry to hear of your real world test, Steven, but I'm glad the results
>were pretty positive. As I just installed a pair on my ST, I'm especially
>glad to hear that they worked well for you. Could you provide any more
>details on the accident itself? It sounds like your bike low-sided, slid,
>and then nosed into a post.

I'm somewhat embarrassed to say that I ran into the back of something.
Another 9" - 12" of road and I would have stopped. I was going up the side
of Loch Lomond (after the Tarbert junction - A82) and it's pretty tight and
twisty. I went round a bend to find myself looking at the back of an
18-wheeler which had stopped to allow a coach coming the other way some
extra clearance. I just couldn't quite get the Sprint hauled up in time.
The front wheel locked, I released, had another go and decided going down
was better than hitting the back of the truck head on (would probably have
bent the forks).

I hit the tarmac on the left hand side and the bike slide about a foot
before running into the back of the truck (hence the headlight damage and
the plastic centre piece and the right hand upper cowl).

I was going too fast for the traffic. Having said that, I've been up
through there a little quicker in the past. I'll be taking my time along
there in future.

I screwed up, but no one got hurt.

Main lesson: If you do advanced training, remember to use it at *all* times

- - Spud the sheepish.