[ST] Starting Problem (Here's a poser, PartII)

Well I thought that I had found the problem but Monday morning the same
thing occurred. It then dawned on me. It doesn't happen in my garage but
it happens at work and at the corner store. I really wanted to duplicate
the problem so that I could show the dealer and on Monday night I hit
it. I turned on the key, squeezed the clutch, pushed the button and the
lights dimmed but no starter. I turned the handlebars to the right and
she fired up. Everything was fine in my garage on Tues. morning, but the
same problem occurred at the corner store near my house. "Ah ha" I
thought, at the corner store and at work I park the bike with the handle
bars all the way to the left. That day I called the dealer and they said
to bring it on down. Leaving work same thing, press button, turn to
right, she starts. Rode to the dealer and, you guessed it, the dang
thing would start every time that I tried to show it to the mechanic.
The mechanic stood there chuckling. That's OK because I was laughing
too. They are going to hold onto it for a few days and see if they can
isolate the problem.

- --
Steve Lawler