[ST] Touch-up Paint Kit - application newbie

Hi All,

Got my official Triumph touch-up paint kit for my dinged RS. Now I just have to figure out how to apply it. The kit has two marker-like pens in it. One is paint (acidic yellow), the other is clear coat.

Having never used touch-up paint before, what is the best method to apply this stuff (including surface prep, if any)?

My right fairing panel (the one with the big RS sticker) has lots of scratches. Most are only in the clear coat and/or paint surface (i.e. still yellow, but scratched/dull). A few are through the paint to white underneath. The bike was washed and waxed after removing the damaged RS sticker, so there is still probably wax and maybe some sticker goo and who-knows-what on the surface.

Advice appreciated...

Garry