Re: [ST] Metal Fuel Fittings

>Yes, the plastic connectors are less expensive. However, it seems that the
>plastic ones suffer from some sort of fatigue and can develop cracks over
>time.

That's scary, because the part used is identical to a part used in an
artificial heart or some damn thing.

>Also, as Lisa recently reported, they seem pretty easy to crack while
>installing at the factory, too. Metal connectors, while more expensive,
>won't crack over time and are more resistant to ham-handed wrenching on the
>hose clamps. Hence, once less thing to worry about while in the middle of
>nowhere and light years from the nearest Triumph shop that's about ready to
>quit business. :-)

They are available at places that produce fluid flow products for medical
applications -- such as Ryan Herco Products Corp. in Kent, WA. (part number
PLCD23006).

They're cheap enough to keep a couple under the seat.

I do understand the benefits of the metal hardware, but if you break enough
of the plastic ones to equal the cost of the metal replacement, you are one
hamfisted mofo.

Cheers,

Peckham