Re: [ST] Oil Filter Won't Come Off - Now What?

>Perhaps stupidly decided to try the forceful approach and stuck a
>screwdriver into the filter to leverage it, but the filter case just rips.
>
>Got any suggestions?
>
>Garry

Your phukked.  If you would have asked for advice BEFORE the screwdriver in
the filter I might have been some help, as would have Tom-E.   :))

One last chance, take your filter wrench and drill a hole for a #10 or #12
screw in the side (very close to the edge).  NOW put the wrench on the
filter opposite from where you ripped the filter.  Put a sheet metal screw
1" long into the hole in the wrench and into the filter.  NOW, SLOWLY apply
pressure (in the correct direction!!) and it should break loose.

You may have to remove the side panels/belly pan for this operation.  No big
deal, takes about 10 minutes.

And Always, change your own oil, and don't overtighten the oil filter!!!!

duncan
dallas
TEJAS

full of it tonite, for some reason :)