Re: bc800 install(Re: [ST] Re: top speed in X gear)

On Monday, September 15, 2003, at 08:44  AM, colt4530@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> You all realize ANY bicycle computer will work.

Ummm, not quite. There are (or at least used to be) quite a few bike
computers that wouldn't read higher speeds (like above 60 MPH). Also,
many of the wireless ones won't work because of the interference from
the engine electronics. It pays to look for folks who've used a
particular computer on a motorcycle to ensure that it'll work across
all the speeds you normally go.

On a related note, what figure in millimeters are folks using for the
size of their front wheels? I measured 1839 mm for my Metzler Sportec
by marking the wheel and pavement, then rolling through three full
rotations of the front wheel (and dividing by three, of course).
However, the odo on my computer is reading less than the stock trip
odo, so I'm wondering if I'm using too large a wheel size or if the
bike computer's odo isn't as accurate.
- --
Blake "Dawgbert" Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
President, Triumph Sport Riders Assoc.
San Jose, CA  (USA)
*** TSRA Western Rallye in New Mexico: Sept. 19th and 20th ***