Re: [ST] Ethanol

Mick,
I wouldn't worry too much.  We've had to run the same mix in the
winter months in Portland for many years now.  In general, there
is a slightly lower level of engine performance and loss of
tractibility / smoothness in power delivery.  It's not overly
intrusive but is noticable when you switch back to 100% gasoline
(which we can by traveling outside the metro area).  On the plus
side, the ethanol will clean up the fuel system and take care of
any moisture lurking there.
- --
HTH,
Rick in Oregon
'01 Sprint ST

> There is some debate out here about Ethanol.  The government
wants to make a
> mandatory 10% Ethanol/Petrol mix.  There are as many experts
popping up as there
> opinions on the subject.  Some vehicle manufacturers are saying
it's okay, others
> are saying it corrodes fuel lines and melts fibreglass tanks
etc.  I hear you
> guys have had ethanol over there for some time, has anyone any
real life experience
> on whether it is harmful to motors, in particular my beloved
Sprint?

End of st-digest V2002 #1236