RE: [ST] Bar raising

About 1,500 hundred miles. I do a lot of typing in my
line of work and I have had for the last ten years or
so a recurrent RSI in my wrists/elbows. It came back
after a few weeks riding the ST with the stock bars
and vanished after the bar-risers were installed. FIY,
it didn't bother me with the 900 Trident I had before
with a much more upright position. With the bar-risers
the elbows are bended and there is much less weight on
the wrists. They were the perfect answer to a specific
problem. Why should you take the pain for your body to
"adapt" ? I ride for pleasure (and to go to work)
Jean "Chase Dawg" 99 ST

- --- Ken Mitchell <kp.mitchell@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Just out of curiousity, how long/how many miles did
> you put on your ST
> before adding the bar risers? I have a Sprint RS
> with the stock bars, which
> are lower and further forward than the ST, but find
> it no problem at all
> with my back, arms, hands etc. In fact, I'll be
> looking for something with a
> more sporting position in a year or two.
>
> My 43 year old body doesn't get any real exercise,
> I'm perhaps 25lbs
> overweight, and smoke too many cigars. If anyone's
> body should be saying
> "bar risers please", it should be me.
>
> I wholeheartedly agree with the others who say "ride
> it for a while" before
> changing. I think a minimum of 3000 to 4000 miles
> should be the minimum. It
> may make you sore at first, but your body QUICKLY
> adapts. Plus you have more
> weight on the front wheel, better feedback.
>
> Ken M.
> '00 RS

=====
Jean "Chase Dawg" Doublet