Re: [ST] A heretic speaks

In your message regarding [ST] A heretic speaks dated Mon, 22 Sep
2003 06:21:03 -0500, 2000blueRS said that ...

>2- I know I'll probably be burned at the stake for this,
<Snipped>
>2-
>2- What am I missing?

You seem to have received a few flames even if you weren't quite
burnt at the stake.  I have to admit that I have never fully
experienced the triple "yowl" and I don't believe it is possible to
do so whilst sitting on the bike, earplugs in and helmet on.

However, when travelling back from Spain with SWMBO and No2 stepson
immediately behind me in SWMBO's cabriolet with the roof down I did a
full throttle overtake in 2nd or 3rd of a few cars in front.  Over
the radio, from No2 Stepson, I got an appreciative "Yee-hah, that is
some sound"  he appreciates exhaust note being the owner of a proper
Mini with a noisy aftermarket exhaust.

So the answer is to be behind a triple on full throttle in an open
top car!

- --
Mike Bostock
mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx