[ST] Clubbin'

Steve,

You wrote:

"Clubbing ain't for everyone, but we are a pretty loosely bound group.  Heck
I ride 90% of my miles alone, I like it that way.  But it's nice to have the
group a few times a year.

duncan
dallas
loco dawg"

A shower and shave might fix that problem right up!  :-)

On a serious note, how do we get more involved with RAT from a TSRA
standpoint?  My membership has lapsed and even when I was current, I never
got a single event notification until months after it happened.  Also, there
was never anything in the South to attend.  The 100th anniversary ride
didn't get within 800 miles of us!

To say we are loosely based is to be quite generous.  What we need is
Triumph, through it's local dealers, to get involved and encourage people to
use the stores as rallye points.  For instance, my local Triumph dealer
really is a BMW dealer that sells Triumph.  If you ride in on a Beemer, your
ass is polished to a shine after the dealer is done kissing it.  If you ride
in on a Triumph, you pretty much go unnoticed.  Contrast that with the
Harley dealer 5 miles north of me and Lone Star BMW/Triumph in Austin.
Every saturday morning, there are groups of bikes meeting up to ride
somewhere.  The Harley dealer encourages this, hell he probably makes a
little extra cash from selling drinks and H/D embroidered rags to wipe the
bikes down with.  Lone Star has a little lounge area set aside with notices
of rides and rallyes pinned up on a corkboard.  They even provide sodas and
coffee.  I have never been treated as well at my home dealership as I have
Lone Star.

Dealers make the difference.  Triumph needs to overhaul RAT and we need to
overhaul the TSRA.  Go Dawgs!

Manuel