RE: [ST] Better Helmet

John,

Thanks for the insight on the HJC.  I think all lift front helmets are
probably noiser than the std. full coverage.  I would use the regular full
face if they weren't such a pain to use with glasses.

I have a Nolan N100 that I like for cooler weather, but I bought a Zeus
Liftech to try and it is actually quieter than the Nolan at 1/2 the cost.
It has the old D Ring fastening compared to the Nolan "seat belt type" which
you can use with gloves on.  Zeus has a one point lift latch as do the newer
Nolans.

Air intrusion under the chin bar is a consideration on the Zeus and rain
seems to have easier access past the visor in downpours, which means I use
the Zeus for warmer and dryer riding and the Nolan gets used more from Late
Sept on til late spring.  The Nolan also comes with an air dam and breath
guard for cold weather.  The air dam works much better than the breath
guard.  Replacement shields for the Zeus are very reasonably priced.

Dave Bardell
MillerSTown, PA
'01 ST in brg
AMA Lifer