RE: [ST] Clubbin'

<<
On a serious note, how do we get more involved with RAT from a TSRA
standpoint?  My membership has lapsed and even when I was current, I never
got a single event notification until months after it happened.  Also, there
was never anything in the South to attend.  The 100th anniversary ride
didn't get within 800 miles of us!

Are you saying you never got notice on TSRA events or RAT events?  The 2
clubs are mutually exclusive.  When we(the TSRA) first started out we made
efforts to see if we could support RAT, and vice versa, but without a dealer
to call sponser we were not qualified.

<<
To say we are loosely based is to be quite generous.

Yes and it's a symptom of internet based clubs that have no central physical
location to call home.  At one time we had a number of groups in CA, TX,
even over in England do things in the name of Triumph fellowship using this
list and their TSRA memebership as a starting point.  That doesn't seem to
be happening alot lately.  So my answer is start locally.  Start getting
together with area Triumph riders, on this list and off.  Start getting that
fellowship together again.  Whether it's TSRA events or RAT events start
trying to get more people to show up at them.  In the TSRA case we are open
to sanction atleast 1 western region and 1 eastern region rallye a year.
All it takes is a little organization.  We provide insurance thru our AMA
charter, and can do registration and other organizational steps, but it
starts locally.  So if you have an area, and/or group of folks, you wanna
show off, get together a rallye application, and we'll see how the
membership feels about showing up.  This club has been know to draw over 50
people to an interesting place(Blue Ridge Parkway), which is a pretty good
turnout due to the highly focused demographic it started from, Sprint ST/RS
riders.

Steven Kohlscheen
2002 Triumph Sprint ST
AMA life member #548538