[ST] Re: Clubbin'

> On a serious note, how do we get more involved with RAT from a TSRA
> standpoint?  My membership has lapsed and even when I was current, I
> never got a single event notification until months after it happened.  Also,
> there was never anything in the South to attend.  The 100th anniversary ride
> didn't get within 800 miles of us!

Two items.

1. I just participated in the 2nd Dragon Raid at Deal's Gap in NC.
It was put on by the Knoxville group and had 8-9 other packs attend.
TNA was there taking pictures and there about 70 participants.
There were maybe a dozen Sprints and RSs there.
Which brings me to item #2.

2. I *should* still be up there enjoying the good company, but...

Waaaaaaaaaah!  I broke my toy!

This afternoon I was riding with a pack of Speed 3s on the detour road
to the Foothills Parkway which we had zoomed up and down and were exiting
bit me.  Downhill, wet,tight lefthand curve.  The 5 guys in front of me
had slowed down and chosen a line that went from mid lane to the outside
edge.  I, trailing as the slowest rider, chose a line near the yellow
lines.  Guess what?  Oil!  Completely invisible to the naked eye.
I leaned into the oil just as I came to the curve.  The bike took long
enough to slide out from under me that I had time to think "Oh f***, this
is not supposed to happen!"  I slid on pavement about 10 ft and my gear
protected me admirably.  The bike kept going about 20 ft down an
embankment.  A sheriff had been about 60 seconds behind me and he pulled
over immediately.  My riding buddies helped get the bike the rest of the
way down the embankment to the other side of the hairpin curve.
Doesn't start, lots of cosmetic damage on the left side, almost nothing on
the right.  Whether the frame or anything else is bent due to front of the
bike hitting a tree on the way down remains to be seen.

Sigh.  One less beautiful Black Sprint on the road.

Kevin Liske
Adapt and Overcome

   "The West won the world not by the superiority
    of its ideas or values or religion but rather by
    its superiority in applying organized violence.
    Westerners often forget this fact, non-Westerners
    never do."