Re: [ST] Re: Exhaust Smells

> George, you're burning oil! Assuming you don't have a
> puddle of oil under your bike when you park, that oil
> consumption is very high and must be being burnt. My
> 2000 RS uses no oil at all between services, and I'd
> be seriously worried if it used a quart every 1500.

Barry:
Yea, I know I'm burning (or passing) oil.  There is no oil on the floor of
my garage.  However, Triumph says one quart every 1000 miles is on the high
side of normal (Right, Keith?).

I bought the bike with 4200 miles last September and don't know how it was
broken in.  It's just something I live with.  I was just wondering if I
should retune the EFI or something.  One lister (Colt 45) says: "The race
tune does run richer and would make it smell more, especially in on-off
throttle conditions."  That makes sense to me, especially on a twisty ride
like I was on.

George Cope
Roseville, CA
'99 ST Midnight- 16,000 Miles