Re: [ST] Philosophically speaking...

Excellent Stu, most excellent.  I post a lot of ephemeral musings on some
other lists, but not here, so as not to bore the techno dweebs (no offense,
dweebs <G>)  But, at the risk of putting the list to sleep, let me just say
that your post really hit a foundation point of my feelings about
motorcycling and life for that matter.  It's funny really that for me, being
alone on my bike, for hours, or days, actually puts me back in touch with
humanity.  It's not that I am alone during that time, as I interact with
countless strangers at rest stops, gas stops and even "damn, look at that"
stops.  Riding LD is the surest way for me to disconnect from the "ego" and
be ~in the now~ and then everything makes sense.  Nothing is taken for
granted, life is from one moment to the next, past and future disappear,
only the present is relevant.  The next set of curves, the next gas stop is
all that matters.

See?  This is exactly why I try and stay away from esoteric subjects around
here, 500 people are now laying forehead first on their keyboards.

duncan
dallas
loco dawg