[ST] Fuel Filter Replacement

Well, my Team Triumph metal QD fittings got installed last night with no major trauma to me or the bike. Then I realized that replacing the fuel filter is part of the 12K mile service, so I might as well do that too while the tank is off...

I plan on getting the much cheaper (but supposedly identical) BMW fuel filter. My question regards the gasket on the gas tank plate. Do I need a new one, or can the old one be reused? The factory service manual says get a new one, but I saw a post over on T595 about the new one leaking. He finally went back to the old one to get the leak to stop.

Thoughts?

Garry