Re: [ST] ST starting problem and 12K service

Steve Bergman wrote:
> The 12k service cost $850.00,

"Ouch! Quit it!"

> they found 4 loose valves, bad radiator cap, bad battery (wouldn't
> hold charge long enough to load the new tune).

Probably contributed to the "Ouch." Talk to Howard Serlick about Manyunk.

> They also notched the frame around the fuel fittings (wich is now
> done at the factory on '02 & newer models). If you have an '01 or
> older you might want to look at this issue. (on mine the frame was
> actually touching the plastic elbow that comes out of the fuel tank)

AH-HA! So the factory, in a surreptitious fashion, has admitted that
there is a problem with the fuel fittings. Seems to me that this is
what has been causing them to fracture. Is there a service bulletin? Or
is it something that the mechanic just happened to know about?

> I haven't picked it up yet but the service manager says it's running
> extremely well.  Maybe I'll actually get to ride it this summer!

Now it's not THAT bad out. I've been able to ride to work every day for
the past two weeks.

> Steve Bergman
>
> '01 ST

You sold the Trophy? When?

- --
Steve Lawler
Verona, NJ, USA, Earth

2001 Sprint ST "Blue Devil"

"When I grow up I want to be a little boy."
           -- Joseph Heller