[ST] RS shock dimension?

 I ordered a new Penske shock for my Sprint RS, and it came in yesterday.
Last night, I removed the stock one and when I put the two side-by-side, the
Penske was about 1 inch (25mm) shorter than the stock. Damn it! It looks
like they sent me one for an ST.

The guy who sold it to me is good, it's Penske that screwed up. I'm taking
it back to GMD Computrack/Boston (really in Bellingham MA) this morning. He
says that depending upon the model, they sometimes build them in a way that
he could "get that inch back". Unfortunately, he wants an "eye to eye"
measurement of the stock shock, but I put my bike back together in the faint
hope of actually riding it today.

Does any list member have a shock from an RS lying around that could give me
the CORRECT length?

Thanks!

Ken Mitchell
Spencer MA