Re: [ST] ST starting problem and 12K service

>>They also notched the frame around the fuel fittings (wich is now done at
>>the factory on '02 & newer models). If you have an '01 or older you might
>>want to look at this issue. (on mine the frame was actually touching the
>>plastic elbow that comes out of the fuel tank)
>

>AH-HA! So the factory, in a surreptitious fashion, has admitted that
>there is a problem with the fuel fittings. Seems to me that this is
>what has been causing them to fracture. Is there a service bulletin? Or is
>it something that the mechanic just happened to know about?

I have an '02 Sprint ST and I just noticed that the premanent 90 deg elbow
at the back of the fuel plate just touches the frame, so I don't know what
exactly you are looking at, or where your information is coming from.

You folks keep wanting a service bulliten for something that can't be
quantified without reporting every incident to the proper authorities, like
the National Highway Transportation Ass.  There was a link on t595.net for
the trouble reporting area of their website.  Last time I looked there were
a whooping 5 reports of failed couplers on their website.  Even after a
number of us urged those screaming bloody murder about this issue to report
it to the proper authorities.  Unfortunatly the internet is full of cross
posting, cross polinating, and basicly regurgitation of something someone,
somewhere, heard, along the way.  I'm not saying it isn't happening.  I'm
saying Triumph isn't going to move on it until it's quantified, either
through the dealer network(via warrenty replacements.  Which your avoiding
if your buying the metal connectors in your warrenty period) or through
government channels.

Steven "Dirty Dawg" Kohlscheen