From: Rod Brown
Subject: Re: [ST] RS shock dimension?

Ken,
I changed out shock springs on my 2002 ST and had the exact thing happen.  I
mean exact.  The spring was 3/4 inch shorter than stock spring with all
preload taken out so free length could have been an inch like yours.  In
this mess I found that there are absolutely two shock part numbers, one for
SSSA ST (and special RS's with SSSA) and one for RSSA for RS.  I had thought
the shorter spring was for an RS but this makes things totally confusing.
One thing is for sure, you don't have an ST shock.
Rod