Re: [ST] RS shock dimension?

I don't believe the ST's stock shock is longer than
the RS, SSSA or not.  From:

http://www.triumphnet.com/rs/reviews/australianmotorcylenews.htm

MATTER OF DEGREES
Probably the biggest change from the ST to the RS is
the change to the rear shock. While still only
adjustable for rebound and preload, the RS's rear
Showa unit is now 5mm longer than the ST, the effect
of which is to steepen the head angle by 0.5 degrees
to 24.5 degrees and reduce trail to 89mm (the ST is
92mm).

As for the Hyperpro unit addressing both the front and
the rear for the same $, as opposed to the Racetech
solution only addressing the front, I don't agree with
that either.

I think most people will agree that the ST/RS are very
harsh in the front end over rough pavement.  Most
people are trying to correct this with the Racetech
emulators and getting the correct spring height for
their larger than average weighing American builds.
Replacing only the spring will not correct this
situation IMO as it's mostly the damper rod that's the
problem, not so much the spring. (correctly matched
spring is always nice though)

The emulators plus drilling out the rods allow for
better flow and quicker progressive compression of the
fork to soak up those fast/harsh bumps which was
lacking prior due to hydraulic lock of sorts through
the tiny damper rods.  The wheel hits the harsh bump
and tries to compress, but all that fluid trying to
pass through those damper rod holes so quickly ain't
gunna happen.  So your front fork...correct spring or
not, turns into a stilt IMO on the harsh stuff.  This
is why I still say go for the Racetech solution, as
fixing the front end is the biggest problem on this
bike for most people, and fixing it correctly is what
is important.

Bryce