Re: [ST] HyperPro Combi Kit (was: RS shock dimension?)

Well guys, I'll be another HyperPro data point soon enough. I ride some
really, really nasty excuses for roads here in western PA. Stuff so bad I
have to stand up for long stretches because of the unrelenting potholes,
bumps and asphalt whoop-de-dos. Sharp expansion joints/heaves in the road
literally launch me off the seat if I'm not standing up for them (especially
downhill ones). I'd say my 2002 RS is pretty harsh, although it's less of an
issue on the better roads I frequent in WV. Way too much operator attention
is required IMO.

I ordered the HyperPro Combi Kit last week. Should be in a week or so and
then off to the dealer for an install. I'll report back on the before/after.
I'm not expecting miracles, but am hoping for a major bang for the buck. I'm
sure replacing the whole shock and addressing the damping in the forks would
be even better, but if I can get most of the improvement for minimal cash
outlay, then sign me up. We'll see how it works out soon enough.

Garry