Re: [ST] ST starting problem and 12K service

- --- Steven Kohlscheen <trumpst@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have an '02 Sprint ST and I just noticed that the premanent 90 deg elbow
> at the back of the fuel plate just touches the frame, so I don't know what
> exactly you are looking at, or where your information is coming from.

Sorry...I must have meant post '02 bikes and the information came from the
service manager at Manayunk Triumph in PA.  That 90 deg elbow is exactly what I
was talking about and I've been told that the factory has addressed the problem
on newer bikes by notching the frame in that location.

> You folks keep wanting a service bulliten for something that can't be
> quantified without reporting........>

I guess I wasn't trying to make any big statement about Triumph or how they're
dealing with problems.  I was just passing along a little friendly information
about a part of a situation that I hadn't seen discussed on this site.

But since you bring it up... I believe that a rigidly mounted fuel fitting in
contact with the frame is a problem and can be quantified by looking at it.
Which obviously they did and quietly rectified the problem on new bikes without
drawing attention to the existing problem.

I understand what your getting at Steve, but it's been a long frustrating road
for me personally with this bike.  Frankly, it has taken too much of my time
and (in some cases) all of my riding/free time just getting the thing to run
properly.  They already replaced the whole damn bike for me with a newer model
year. Then I had to go through the whole process of repairing all the same
glitches and defects and recalls that I'd already fixed on the first one. So I
just do what I have to do to make it run and pass along anything I discover
that might be useful to other folks.

Steve Bergman

'01 Sprint ST