[ST] Is Triumph Trying to Make Selling Their Bikes Harder

On another thread I am pursuing information on eye to eye shock length for
various years of RS and ST's.  As part of that search I sent an inquiry to
Triumph USA Customer Service.   It seems that Triumph UK will not disclose
that information.  It was also stated that they were reluctant to make
recommendations on non-Triumph parts.  Am I crazy or isn't putting pipes,
shocks, etc part of the whole bike thing???    Can you imagine walking into
a Suzuki dealer and have him say Suzuki can't help you find the right
Yoshimura pipe for your bike!

Did you ever look in Dennis Kirk, or Chaparrel catalogs and try to find
something for a Triumph?   Notice how there is vertually a complete abscense
of after-market stuff compared to other brands?   I know, lots of you are
saying there aren't enough Triumphs to encourage the vendors.  Well that's
not true.  In talking to several vendors since purchasing my bike, the
concensus was that Triumph is very difficult to work with.  Couple that with
the abandon ship drill of dealers over the past few years and it really
makes you wonder if the business side of the house is going to kill a great
line of bikes.

Rod