RE: [ST] New model developments

Triumph developed a new 1300 inline four for a Hayabusa killer and then
scrapped the project just when they had a running model.  The engine by all
accounts is good and ready for a bike to put it in.  My own opinion is that
they will make a new ST in the form of a Triumph version of the FJR.

I believe this is the last year of the Trophy.  I can imagine a new
Uber-tourer with the Rocket III engine in it and shaft drive.

Triumph is usually pretty secretive about it's plans and I wouldn't expect
to see anything definitive on new models for another few months when
someone will get a spy picture of something.  Now that Triumph is through
with the effects of the fire and the factory rebuilding, I would expect to
see their development schedules stepped up to a better 3 to 5 year cycle.
They still don't have the resources that Honda and the others have to
utilize a 2  to 3 year development cycle for their products.

Dan.

Dan Wallander
Albuquerque, New Mexico
www.danwallander.com