Re: RE:[ST] Is Triumph Trying to Make Selling Their Bikes Harder

> Whoa there sparky.  Let's compare apples to apples.
This ain't sparky's first time at the dance, nor is it the first time I've
had to deal with Customer Service.  The question put to them was NOT, what
model Ohlin or Penske or whatever shock to use.   The question was "what is
the eye to eye distance on the stock shock."   Triumph will jump over
backwards to tell you to use over-priced and over-stated oil which they
can't even get the viscosity spec straight on, but they can't tell you free
length of the shock, gimme a break.  I have asked similar questions to
Kawasaki and Honda without this KGB attitude.  Kawasaki customer support
even has mechanic/technicial you can talk to at customer service for similar
questions.
> <<
> >>
> Why do aftermarket companies have to work with Triumph?  Here in the USA
> they don't have to ask "mother may I" to build parts for a motorcycle.
Aftermarket companies are in the market to make money.  To make money they
have to make parts that fit.  They also have to make sure they don't have to
change production runs mid-stream or build parts in onesy twosy quantities.
If the vendors have the same problem that I had getting very simple info,
and that seems to be the case, it's just not in their best interest to make
parts for Triumphs.   It is my contention that the lack of aftermarket
support has a direct impact on sales.

> I'm just as frustrated as some of you about the lack of aftermarket
support
> on Triumphs.  I'd prefer to have more than 3 choices in replacement rear
> shock for my bike.  But, until the aftermarket companies perceive us as
more
> buyers, they're not going to rush anything into production.

That's exactly what I'm trying to say.   It is also my contention that this
is more of an attitude thing, and even a no cost issue to Triumph which
could translate into better sales.
Rod