[ST] M/C Race Information

This isn't Triumph related, but I wanted to tell a story, because I'm very excited.
http://www.usgpru.net/latestnews.php#25

I ran in my first USGPRU National Championship Race at JenningsGP (motorcycle only) race track http://www.jenningsgp.com/
In the 125GP race there were 31 on the starting grid.  In Saturday qualifying I landed 24th on the grid, and finished 20th out of 31.  That was the most fun I've every had riding (er um, racing) motorcycles.  Granted the pole time was 1:21:04.  I was running 1:35:xx-1:33:xx during Saturday practice and 1:27:xx during the race.  Considering it was only my third race weekend ever, and my first time on the Jennings track I figure I did quite well.  Not bad for an old man of 37 years at his first time racing.  I wish I could have started this 17 years ago.

I humbly admit I've still got a long way to go to compete with the guys that consistently place in the top 4, and I may never get there - I don't know.  But I'm excited and still carry the rush from the weekend with me and that's good enough.  I'm just having loads of fun, not worrying about winning.  At least not yet ;)

A side note:  Jennings GP is an excellent motorcycle only track.  I think it's only their second (maybe third) year in existence.  The GM of Jennings gave a small speech thanking all the M/C race clubs (i.e. CCS & WERA) for all their support.  They were concerned the track wouldn't make it being just for motorcycles, but the club support helped the success.

I think they still need our support to continue to grow and make improvements to the facility.  I encourage everyone (in a reasonable distance) to race there and participate in their track days.  You won't regret it.  I believe it will be a most fun track day for you.

DISCLAIMER- I have no affiliation with the track and this promotion is of my own doing.  I enjoyed myself there and I would like to see the track continue it's success, but it can't do that without the support of the riding community Triumph riders and alike.  We need to spread the word within the riding community to encourage track days.  Not only does it support your local track but it increases riding skills as well.  Plus it's FUN!!!!

Rich