[ST] Rear Brake Pad Replacement Question (2002 RS)

Hi All,

Pardon my total ignorance here, but I've never even changed brake pads on my
cars. First time ever doing disc brakes.

The parts guy at the shop sells me EBC FA214/2 pads for my bike as they're a
good bit cheaper than the OEM pads. So I take my rear wheel off (remember,
this is a 02 RS, not an ST), remove the retaining pins and the old pads come
off. Tired, but not shot (yet). So I compare the originals to the EBCs and
they don't exactly match. They're the same size, but the pad material on the
opposite side of the one pad with the extra "hook" (for lack of a better
word). The pistons push against the non-hook pad on the original. They would
have to push on the hooked pad on the EBCs because of where the brake
material is.

So my question is, do I have the wrong pads for my bike, or is it OK to swap
which pad the pistons push against (as would be required to use the EBCs)?
I'm totally ignorant of the issues (if any) here, the shop is closed, but I
want to ride tomorrow...

Thanks in advance for the help!

Garry