RE: [ST] Stripped Bolt Q

Ouch.

You can try to engage the remaining threads a number of ways.  I don't know
how the MUZ is put together, but applying upward or outward pressure to the
bolt while turning it may re-engage the remaining threads.  If it's like
out Sprints, you can pull up on the gas tank while turning the bolt, but
the way i read your post, the tank mount is between the bolt head and the
tank.  Try using a needle nose pliers or snips behind the head of the bolt
to apply outward pressure to the bolt while turning the bolt, maybe the
threads will engage.  If you can get to the other side of the bolt, you can
try applying outward pressure there while turning the bolt.

The other possibility is that whatever the bolt is screwed into, is what is
stripped and the screw/bolt is fine.  If you can get in behind it you might
be able to find a way to stop the spinning.

If you are lucky, you will get the bolt out.  If not, you might be down to
using some kind of bolt extractor which have all kinds of bad possibilities
associated.

Dan.

Dan Wallander
Albuquerque, New Mexico