RE: [ST] Actual Riding

> Hey I have nothing against these topics, really.  But at this point, one
question, one or two accurate
> answers should suffice, right?  We have this shit down, don't we?  :)

Not all of us have been on this list since '99 (or whenever the list
started), and not all of us have been riding for decades.  I for one
appreciate all the contributions.  Maybe I'll feel differently in a couple
of years, but for now I say keep 'em coming.

> And not one, ONE, actual ride report.

Fair enough, here's mine.  On Saturday I took a tour around north Georgia,
starting in Gainesville.  A buddy from work tagged along (he has a V-Rod,
but he's pretty cool despite that).  We took 369 west across Lake Lanier for
a warm-up run; some long sweeping turns with good visibility, but too much
traffic to have fun.  We pulled over at several points to let traffic get
ahead of us, and then caught up after a mile or so.

The V-Rod had given him problems on a previous excursion (I think it was
scared of the twisties, but he says it was "bad gas").  In any case, it
seems to be better now, so we took Hwy 9 north to Dawsonville.  Some fun
turns separated by flat stretches near cow pastures...and the overwhelming
smell of manure.  How long can I hold my breath?  Surely I must be clear of
it now...*gasp* oh god, nope, not yet...*choke* *gag*