[no subject]

Eventually this hooked up with our intended route (183/136) where the V-Rod
split south for home and I continued on 136 back to Gainesville.  Hwy 136 is
a beautiful ride with some fairly interesting curves, great views, and
generally not much traffic.

On the way back, I came across an Urban Assault Vehicle (SUV).  I figured,
hey I've had 3 good hours of riding, I'll just take it easy the rest of the
way.  The driver must have seen me, though, 'cause the SUV sped up.  And
sped up some more.  Before you know it, I'm going decent speeds again.  Then
I notice that the SUV isn't tracking quite right; it's going straight ahead,
but it isn't pointing quite straight, like the frame is bent or the tires
aren't aligned.  It's a little un-nerving.

So we come hurtling to a broad curve to the left, and I'm thinking "Huh, the
SUV isn't slowing down".  I lean into the turn, and lean some more, and a
little more...I've got a pretty good lean going.  The SUV starts to pitch a
little, slips to the right a bit, a little more pitch, a little more
slip...is the rear wheel off the ground?  Holy sh*t - back off the throttle.
No sense being too close when this moron decides to go "off roading".

He manages to keep it on the road, kicking up some crud from the shoulder,
but only just barely.  Fortunately, they split off a little further up the
road.  The rest of the trip back home was uneventful.

  - Dave