RE: [ST] Hill Country pics

Actually Rich, you are more correct than you know about me being "up a
creek"  :)

One Saturday I led a group on 5 bikes (they twisted my arm) out to ride the
Three Sisters.  The title of that photo is a little misleading.  Three
Sisters is actually a loop that starts with FM-337 and includes FM-335 &
336.  The pic was on the north end of 335, and yes, you can some air thru
there but the shear drop on one side and rock face on the other are very
inforgiving.

So, anyway, we head off on 337 west from Vanderpool to Leakey.  This one of
the best sections in the Hill Country, up over a Mtn. then hugging a cliff
face along a river valley and then down into and across the Rio Frio river
valley and a low water damn.  As I approached the crossing I notice two
R1150RT's comtemplating the crossing.  The river is about a foot over the
road and running very swiftly.  My group has not caught up to me yet and I
venture to the edge then start motoring across.  Shall we say that the
current was quite swift and as the level rose above the belly pan it started
pushing me sideways !!  I was going about 1 foot sideways for every 5 foot
forward.  Kinda unnerving  :))   Well, I made it and waved off my group from
crossing, then hopped a ride with a pick'm-up going across and discussed the
situation.  The group decided to NOT attempt a crossing, and I sure as hell
wasn't gonna tempt fate by recrossing so we were seperated by the river.
Dang, I had to ride the rest of the day alone :)))

There was a gaggle of K12 GT's & RS's that had made it across just before
me, they tried to stay on my tail from Leakey to Camp Wood.  They did not
succeed.  Once we hit the twisty bits, I was alone again  :)

dunc

Duncan
Dallas
Tejas

"Officer, it was some 'other' Red bike, I swear"