Re: [ST] I'm Shocked! (pics)

Guys,
Without having the actual shocks to examine and just using measurements, it
sure looks like RS and ST shocks are ALL the same from 2000 to 2004.  It
also looks like there is information available to the shock
makers/dealers/distributors that is causing them to send the wrong length
shocks to folks.  So far we have Penske screwing up long and short; and
Hyperpro screwing up on my initial spring on the short side.  Someone had an
initial problem with part numbers on Ohlins but "I think" that was squared
away before shipment.  400mm is a long way off from 365mm,  that has got to
be the wrong shock.

A question for Bryce, are you sure about 1999 model shocks???  I know that
the initial 1999's were Kayaba's and then later it went to Showa.  I just
guessing that may be where the error may originate.  Then again the 2002 ST
shock and RS shock had different part numbers in the O-fish-L fiche, but it
turns out that they are physically the same.  Go figure :-)
Rod