Re: [ST] RAM Air

On Fri, 2004-04-16 at 15:21, Masiak, Richard wrote:
> Earlier there were complaints about the aftermarket accessories for Triumph, as in there's hardly any.
>
> Well when I had my gas tank off to check my air filter I noticed the two intake hoses for the airbox come out and curve in toward each other (sitting behind the radiator).
>
> I have two problems with that.  First there's warmer air going into the airbox, and second I don't think the box is getting pressurized.
>
> Come one guyz, there are two little holes in the front fairing which could have had airducting attached.  Why couldn't Triumph have shortend the radiator so duct work would fit?
>
> Having said that, I know this is a long shot, but is there an aftermarket kit to make the intake RAM air?  If not, does anyone know where I can find a shorter radiator so I can make my own duct work?  Also, does anyone know what an optimal volume/pressure would be for the airbox?

It's not easy. you need to balance the pressure within the float bowls
to match the pressure in the in box. My ZXR uses a one way valve to stop
the float bowls from getting too much pressure or a vacuum. The racing
bikes mount flat slide carbs within a race air box. I would leave it
well alone. You do get some pressure build up under the tank anyway..