[ST] Throttle cable

So after sitting in a friends garage for the winter the throttle cable
on my bike is very stiff. I assume it just needs to be taken off and
lubed. Can someone tell me the easiest way to get to the end that
attaches to the engine? Also would anyone know off hand how much a new
cable costs? Since it is 5 year old I am thinking that perhaps it would
be better to put a new one on and lube the old one and keep it as a
spare.

Rupert (my left forearm is bigger because of my throttle - no really)
99 ST with wave scars