[ST] sprockets?

After all the discussion about chains I've decided I need to replace mine. Since I'll also be replacing the sprockets I'm thinking of adding /subtracting a tooth or so. Can someone tell me the formula again, ie more teeth on the rear increases acceleration but decreases top end (and fuel milegage), correct? What's the hot setup? Where's the best source for replacement sprockets? I know all this has been gone over alot in the past so my apologies for not taking notes. Another case where the searchable archive is sorely missed. Thanks in advance for the info.
Cheers,
Robbie