Re: [ST] Ride report, April 18

> The roads in WV suck. Stay away!!!!! :-) :-)
Put about 400 miles in PA, WV and VA on Saturday but did a route recon
today.  Did about 500 miles total but 300 cross mountains in VA and WV are
the most interesting.
Started this morning running VA 39 from near Lexington to WV 92 just inside
WV line.  Great road but a bit of termite eaten asphault in places.
Pristine asphault and great twisties in a section called Goshen Gap.
WV 92 was perfect for sections of tighter sweepers.  WV 28 was good for what
I saw of it.  US 250 was rather messy from Bartow to Monterey VA.  Lots
choppy sections, lots of gravel on the steeper sections and especially in
hairpins or cutbacks.  Va portions had a lot of that strip repairs so you
had to be real careful choosing a line and then you had gravel waiting in
the tight sections.  It got much better from Monterey to Staunton, Va.  Only
one small section of construction.  US 33 was WONDERFUL from Harrisonburg to
Seneca Rocks except for the downhill before Judy Gap.  Near the top of the
mountain there was lots of gravel and of course right in the middle of the
tightest turns.  Traffic was light on all roads and the Harley packs seemed
to be either grazing at the restaurants or going the other way.
Just a word of caution.  I ran into several roads where asphault
disintegrated right in the middle of what looked like perfect road.  Must
have been that frost heave stuff.  Usually on a county type road, not the
main ones.  The main ones, if they were bad, they were bad everywhere.

Funny thing, I went on a four day trip last year and only saw one Sprint.  I
think I saw about 6 ST's and an RS on this trip.
Rod