[ST] Re: Misc- STeve, Bryce, Dave and Garry

STeve -and- Bryce,
        I suppose we'll all be enjoying our respective sojourns
vicariously thru ride reports when all is said and done. Like Steve said
'maybe next year'. (I had hoped to do something more epic than my usual
N.C. thing, but beggars can't be choosers.) This time around it'll be
Skyline/BRP and camping all the way down.

Dave,
        I doubt strongly that your bad vibes are due to balance shaft
woes. I know they are *entirely* different animals, but my old Suzuki
DR650 had a balance shaft skip a couple of teeth due to a bad balance
shaft chain tensioner. Happened during a shift between 2nd - 3rd.
Absolutely horrendous vibration  resulted. Cannot overstate it. When I
disassembled, balancer chain was wiped as was gear and tensioner. This
all was preceded by a faint sound of chain noise from within which I
naturally ignored. " Hey - the balancer chain's got an auto adjuster,
it'll be fine - just ride it!"

Garry,
        I ran into a friend that I hadn't ridden with in a while
yesterday, hence my no-show status for our ride. Good news is we also
rode 250, 7, 231/331 and all those other really boring WVa roads. My
apologies for not clueing you in as to my change of plans, but it was a
very last minute invite from a very old bud...I would have enjoyed
getting us all together but his family obligations and my work schedule
prevailed upon us to begin our ride at 0700... just a bit earlier than
you guys ...250 is as twis-er mundane as always, as I'm sure you know,
while 231 continues it's slow slide down the hill and into the creek .
Barely one lane now in a couple of spots. Empty roads early on and plenty
of squid sightings later. Fun but uneventful 248 mile day, back home in
time for less interesting stuff.

        Adam