Re: [ST] Tire cupping/engine buzz

>From: Colt45 <colt4530@xxxxxxxxxxx>

>All that pretty well convicts the engine.  I believe you said it had been
>rebuilt.  Ride another triple and see if it is the same.  If not, you need
>to have the balance shaft timing checked.  My RS is among the smoothest
>engines I've ever had.  It vibrates, but I'll say I never remembered any
>until you started this thread and I began to pay attention.

OK, I'll chime in here.  Dave, seems to me that you are still down to a
balance shaft issue (unlikely) or a throttle body sync (more likely).  I can
tell you from experience that a proper sync is like getting a whole new
engine.  It's easy to do with the right tools, and real easy for a shop to
do, since they have the right tools, no more than 1 hour shop time, IMHO.

Oh, and I completely agree with Colt, concerning the smoothness of the
Triumph triple.  I've owned and ridden most every engine type of the last 30
years, singles, parallel twins, V-twins, triples, both 2 and 4 stroke,
inline 4's, opposed twins and opposed 4's, and even spent quality time on an
inline 6.  Without doubt, the 955i triple is one of the smoothest engines
I've ever had the pleasure of wringing the snot out of  :))   1000+ mile
days are only limited by my ability, not the bike.

dunc

Duncan
Dallas
Tejas

"Officer, it was some 'other' Red bike, I swear"